Yorkshire-Suzuki
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yorkshire-Suzuki

Genuine Miller LSD Diff Oil 5L - £15 to any YS Member Contact Steven For More Info

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie

Go down 
+3
mik
vitara_mad
denbo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
denbo

Number of posts : 7

off road nut score : 13
Registration date : 2011-12-27

Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie Empty
PostSubject: Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie   Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:08 am

merry xmas from Doncaster, i am a new forum user. I use my grand vitara for every day use and weekend shooting trips with my two springer spaniels. I find it to be probably the best all rounder out there.
Denbo
Back to top Go down
vitara_mad
vitara_mad

Number of posts : 5236

off road nut score : 8385
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie   Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:10 am

welcome to yorkshire suzuki ll
Back to top Go down
mik
mik

Number of posts : 4173

off road nut score : 5652
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie   Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:52 am

hello and welcome mate ll
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkseniorwildlifeartoriginals.co.uk
scotty
extreme offroader
extreme offroader

Number of posts : 1790

off road nut score : 2446
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie   Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:00 am

merry christmas and welcome to the forum. Any mods? What brings you to the site? Normally people find the site when there searching google for an answer to a problem. Just a question, just being nosy Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/index.php
adi
off road nutter
off road nutter
adi

Number of posts : 910

off road nut score : 1515
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie   Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:20 am

hello drunken
Back to top Go down
suzuki1
qualified driver
qualified driver
suzuki1

Number of posts : 317

off road nut score : 522
Registration date : 2011-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie   Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:45 am

Welcome mate
Back to top Go down
denbo

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie   Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:02 pm

scotty wrote:
merry christmas and welcome to the forum. Any mods? What brings you to the site? Normally people find the site when there searching google for an answer to a problem. Just a question, just being nosy Smile
I took the 16valve rhw engine out after i propper blew it to pieces after 113000mls. I have retro fitted the 8valve rhz engine from a citroen szara. It goes just the same as they are the same bhp, maybe a bit better on fuel. Bog standard appart from that. I,v never had it stuck but could do with some better tyres as the standard road tyres do slip a lot when i get off the tarmac. I was thinking maybe 70/30 but i,m no expert.
Denbo
Back to top Go down
mik
mik

Number of posts : 4173

off road nut score : 5652
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie   Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:50 pm

I took the 16valve rhw engine out after i propper blew it to pieces after 113000mls. I have retro fitted the 8valve rhz engine from a citroen szara. It goes just the same as they are the same bhp, maybe a bit better on fuel. Bog standard appart from that. I,v never had it stuck but could do with some better tyres as the standard road tyres do slip a lot when i get off the tarmac. I was thinking maybe 70/30 but i,m no expert.
Denbo[/quote]
thats interesting what gearbox did you use and clutch did you use the vit wiring? more info please
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkseniorwildlifeartoriginals.co.uk
Muddymatt
V.I.P
V.I.P
Muddymatt

Number of posts : 1491

off road nut score : 1682
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie   Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:19 am

Hello and welcome to the site............. santa santa santa
Back to top Go down
denbo

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie   Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:22 am

mik wrote:

Denbo
thats interesting what gearbox did you use and clutch did you use the vit wiring? more info please[
/quote]
Where do i start! Well i did some reserch first. The basic block is the same, so i kept the clutch and flywheel, starter motor, engine mounts etc so it mounts to the gearbox exactly the same. All the water hoses connect the same apart from the thermostat housing which i changed for the original. The ecu is the same edc15e as i remember, the injector plugs are the same, so plugged in no probs. The sump has to be changed as does the oil pump/pick up pipe and the dipstick tube. Now the dificult bits as the heads are different. You have to make up the turbo inter cooler pipes from the inlet manifold, i,m still trying to get a set from a 8valve vit with intercooler if you know anyone. The same with the exhaust manifold. I got mine off a dispatch 8 valve. Its no way easy, but alittle time and patience and you get there. All in its cost me £400, but its up and running, the 16valve engine would cost £1000 with no fuel parts! and as you know those injectors are expensive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie   Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Merry xmas from a Doncaster newbie
Page 1 of 1