Yorkshire-Suzuki
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yorkshire-Suzuki

Genuine Miller LSD Diff Oil 5L - £15 to any YS Member Contact Steven For More Info

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

starter motor bolts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
adi
off road nutter
off road nutter
adi

Number of posts : 910

off road nut score : 1515
Registration date : 2011-01-03

starter motor bolts Empty
PostSubject: starter motor bolts   starter motor bolts EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:15 pm

does anybody know what the bolt sizes are for my starter motor ?, its for a vit 8v engine, i need to replace the bottom bolt mainly so i might as well change them both
Back to top Go down
scotty
extreme offroader
extreme offroader

Number of posts : 1790

off road nut score : 2446
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: starter motor bolts   starter motor bolts EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 pm

there m8 x 60 on the sj. Metric fine part threaded. Standard thread would probably suffice though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/index.php
adi
off road nutter
off road nutter
adi

PostSubject: Re: starter motor bolts   starter motor bolts EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:27 pm

cheers m8
Back to top Go down
adi
off road nutter
off road nutter
adi

PostSubject: Re: starter motor bolts   starter motor bolts EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:25 am

got new bolts today, tried fitting them and its the tread in the bottom hole thats knackerd, whats best way to solve this prob, retappings going to be hard because of space so what do people suggest ??? im open to ideas
Back to top Go down
Ladaman
off road nutter
off road nutter
Ladaman

Number of posts : 652

off road nut score : 918
Registration date : 2010-12-07

PostSubject: Re: starter motor bolts   starter motor bolts EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:02 am

Re tap it.

You don't have to use a double handed tap wrench if the thread is already started. You can just use a spanner on the square of the tap.

Back to top Go down
scotty
extreme offroader
extreme offroader

Number of posts : 1790

off road nut score : 2446
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: starter motor bolts   starter motor bolts EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:08 am

What size bolts did you get? And What pitch thread? I thought they bolted through the starter and the bell housing and a nut on the other side. They Will probably be metric fine. Check the thread of the old bolt against a new one. If the threads Dont line up there obviously different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/index.php
adi
off road nutter
off road nutter
adi

PostSubject: Re: starter motor bolts   starter motor bolts EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:58 am

scotty wrote:
What size bolts did you get? And What pitch thread? I thought they bolted through the starter and the bell housing and a nut on the other side. They Will probably be metric fine. Check the thread of the old bolt against a new one. If the threads Dont line up there obviously different.

m8 x 60's m8, i got fine tread they just didnt grab the tread at all so i tried normal bolts they grabbed but wouldnt tighten, the starter has a nut and bolt on the top but a treaded bar on the bottom, thats whats loose, im going to try re tapping it and using locktite aswell, just hope it works
Back to top Go down
mik
mik

Number of posts : 4173

off road nut score : 5652
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: starter motor bolts   starter motor bolts EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:13 am

my bottom bolt is like that comes lose and want spin the fly wheel my threads are knacked on the bottom does my head in till i re tap it
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkseniorwildlifeartoriginals.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: starter motor bolts   starter motor bolts Empty

Back to top Go down

starter motor bolts
Page 1 of 1