Yorkshire-Suzuki
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yorkshire-Suzuki

Genuine Miller LSD Diff Oil 5L - £15 to any YS Member Contact Steven For More Info

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie just joined the forum

Go down 
+5
mik
THUNDER TRUCK
vitaraman
stevie
Iceman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Iceman
qualified driver
qualified driver
Iceman

Number of posts : 131

off road nut score : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-01

Newbie just joined the forum Empty
PostSubject: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:37 am

Thought Id better say HI to everyone,got told to join this forum by 2 very helpful guys I met up at Whitworth Quarry today one of them told me his name was Steve did not ask other lads name so here I am.
Just bought my first Suzuki Vitara,it is the fatboy version,Im hoping to do some mods to it very soon, come over from the darkside always had landies of some sort but love my little zuki,my name is Alan and I live in Lancashire,I love going offroad at pay and play sites and love greenlaning so a big HI from me to everyone thanks lads for introducing me to this site will be visiting it a lot more often,will put some pics up soon of my little vit Byyyyyyyyyyyyyye Smile
Back to top Go down
stevie
V.I.P
V.I.P
stevie

Number of posts : 1233

off road nut score : 2633
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:39 am

No probs, were a friendly bunch most of the time!!lol.
Nice tidy vit you have there.
ps the other lad is wilky.
Back to top Go down
vitaraman
V.I.P
V.I.P
vitaraman

Number of posts : 440

off road nut score : 804
Registration date : 2009-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:40 am

hi and welcome to the forum m8
Back to top Go down
THUNDER TRUCK
Administrator
Administrator
THUNDER TRUCK

Number of posts : 2036

off road nut score : 3191
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:43 am

welcome to the site iceman

get some pics up so we can see what you got Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bradshaw-groundcare.co.uk/
Iceman
qualified driver
qualified driver
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:51 am

Thanks Steve I have your tel no so will give you a ring sometime when I get vit a bit more sorted and when I get a steel axle for front or was it just the diff thats steel thanks AL. Smile
Back to top Go down
stevie
V.I.P
V.I.P
stevie

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:56 am

no prob m8, the diff is your front axel on the vit.turbo diessle is a steel case, no the choco ally crap
Back to top Go down
mik
mik

Number of posts : 4173

off road nut score : 5652
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:59 am

hello and welcome m8
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkseniorwildlifeartoriginals.co.uk
Muddymatt
V.I.P
V.I.P
Muddymatt

Number of posts : 1491

off road nut score : 1682
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:43 am

Hello and welcome to the forum..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cookie1978
V.I.P
V.I.P
cookie1978

Number of posts : 836

off road nut score : 841
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:35 am

Hello and welcome to the site, yes we are a friendly bunch allways willing to help others keep their suzukis on the move. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Iceman
qualified driver
qualified driver
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Will get some pics up soon of my vit I promise,nice to hear that you are a freindly bunch not like some sites where they are a Newbie just joined the forum IMGP0469-1bit clickey and your face doesnt fit. Very Happy

Last edited by Iceman on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mik
mik

Number of posts : 4173

off road nut score : 5652
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Iceman wrote:
Will get some pics up soon of my vit I promise,nice to hear that you are a freindly bunch not like some sites where they are a bit clickey and your face doesnt fit. Very Happy

ye i hear you there lol i know a few sites like that,,
hope you enjoy the site mate and you could put your name down for the yorkshire suzuki weekend at frickley that should be good Very Happy

link to the page

https://yorkshire-suzuki.forumotion.com/events-green-laning-f4/yorkshire-suzuki-weekend-mad-frickley-info-t2179.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkseniorwildlifeartoriginals.co.uk
Iceman
qualified driver
qualified driver
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:20 am

I have put a picture on of my vit it is a fat boy at the moment,done my 1st mod today, took the fat boy wheels off,arches and silly side steps,and now fitted some gv rims but they have standard road tyres on at the mo,but its a start,dont know if these pics are to big or not dont know how to reduce them but hopefully someone will soNewbie just joined the forum IMGP0473rt me out me hopes AL. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iceman
qualified driver
qualified driver
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Im thinking of making my soft top into a tin top could this be done or has anybody else done it before,thinking about the kids really as it is my daily driver plus it will be warmer and they look nice with black rear windows and being a white body does anyone know could this be done as I might have chance of a white top and windows at the scrappy also rear door AL.
Back to top Go down
stevie
V.I.P
V.I.P
stevie

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:48 pm

take it you mean a standard hard top? will fit no problem, or are you going to make your own??
Back to top Go down
Iceman
qualified driver
qualified driver
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:56 am

Hi steve yes I mean a standard hard top,I know that the centre bit would have to be cut out carefully but could it be done as the fibreglass hardtops are so expensive and soon get snapped up and to be honest I really wanted a hard top model but this fatboy came up just round the corner from where I live so did not have to do any travelling,but I have chance of a hard top roof complete with side windows also in white from my local scrappy he is going to get back to me with a price,then i will have to find someone that would be willing to do it for some beer tokens. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Wilky
V.I.P
V.I.P
Wilky

Number of posts : 2033

off road nut score : 3424
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:19 pm

If by a standard one you mean the fibreglass two piece job, yes it'll fit, if you're going to cut the top from a standard tin top Vitara, yes it could be done, but I wouldn't cut your centre hoop top out, even though you'd be welding a tin top on, it's a structural part of the shell, you'd have to let out part of the tin top structure tube at the sides and the centre brace, so it fits over your centre hoop, then you could weld it on, seems like a lot of work for not much gain, just keep your eye out for a fibreglass one.

Back to top Go down
vitara_mad
vitara_mad

Number of posts : 5236

off road nut score : 8385
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:37 pm

if im reading this right you planning on cutting the top off a tintop vit & welding it to your softtop if thats right i think its a crazy idea as to make it look same as a tintop you would have to cut the hoop section out of yours to make it fit & i deffo would not do that its just too much work.

if you realy want a tintop just sell yours & buy one or buy a removeable hardtop for that one it will be alot cheaper & look alot better

buy this its a bargain

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vitara-roof_W0QQitemZ220581411479QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item335bad3a97
Back to top Go down
stevie
V.I.P
V.I.P
stevie

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:03 pm

sorry i thought you ment a standard fibreglass roof, as said above dont go down the other route, unless you are a capable welder, and even then it could be a nightmare affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie just joined the forum   Newbie just joined the forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie just joined the forum
Page 1 of 1